Monday, July 13, 2009

Brasil Day 4 - Indaiabira, Minas Gerais, Brasil



We arrived to our village in the north of Minas Gerias on Saturday evening of 11 July at about 6:00 p.m., then went straight to work - glad to finally be here.  The area is beautiful - very similar to the foothills of Colorado and much like it as to temperature in late spring spring or early summer.  At night you need a jacket, but the days can be quite warm when the sun is out.  

Now, for the very first time in my 25 years of ministry, I have come to serve an area and people with my family. This has been quite different for me. Yet, what a joy it has been to have my precious wife, daughter and son see both the place and people I have talked about for these last 6 years.  My daughter, Taylor, is leading in Vacation Bible School, and my son, Trey, is faithfully helping with recreation. This has certainly opened his 16 year old eyes to the power of God and the true purpose of the church.  

Today was a turnaround for us all.  I spoke frankly to our leadership team about the need for us to be focused. This message was passed along to our entire team of about 100 people - 30 Americans and 70 Brasilians - and the result was immediate.  Over 30 persons accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour in the surrounding villages of our afternoons visitation, one of whom was  one of the 'daytime' bus drivers.  Then, this was culminated in a powerful evening service of more than 400 persons, with professions of faith.  Such a beautiful country, made even more so by the 'beautiful feet' of these who have come bringing the gospel of Christ. 

No comments: