Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brazil - Day Seven

It is hard to explain my feelings about being cut off from the world as I know it, yet being totally at peace and satisfied at the same time.  For aside from missing the voice of my precious wife and children, and of course all of you, I was resigned upon arriving in Curral de Dentro that my life would just be that way. And... it was! For Six wonderful days.   

Of course I went about the town, nestled into the mountains of North Minas Gerais, and found what I could to survive.  For me that meant finding a bicycle.  And because making friends with these people is so easy - they are so pleased to know you and to help -  a gentleman right next to my hotel, when I asked in broken Portuguese where I might rent such transport, said, 'take mine.'  

The town of Curral de Dentro is small but the people there possessed large hearts, made only larger by the love we brought them in Christ.  The weather each day was cool, and the nights, at times very chilly - without aid of heaters.  So that I slept very bundled, even with my hat pulled down over my face - finding the morning temp in my room in the low 50s.  BRRRRR! Yes, showering, which I stepped into by stepping outside, was accomplished in 'parts' - if you know what I mean.  

The city we are in today is larger, and we will be here for 5 days.  As you can see, I have internet.  Check out our church blog for more information and pictures.  

In short, you all would be very proud of the ParkwayHills Missionaries.  They are unbelievable.  We have seen many professions of faith.  At each service in which I preach people come forward, and this is the direct result of the work of our team.  I bring 2 pastoral messages per day, plus preach to large crowds each night.  I have preached in city squares, called 'Prasas' and have seen the power of God each time.  Our guitarist traveling with us is perhaps the best I have ever workd with. He can play it all - and for me to say I am impressed with someone's guitar playing, well... you can trust me that he it is good.  

Continue to pray for us.  And especially tonight as I preach in the square of the city of Mato Verde - (Green Grass) .   

Deus te Abencoe

Pastor Sam

No comments: