Friday, July 18, 2008

Brasil - Day 10, "Friday in Mato Verde"

The town awakens slowly on Friday's as if anticipating what is soon to come, which is, "Market Time!"   This is when all the farmers and vendors from the surrounding areas arrive to market their wares, trade, and talk.  For the young, it is a 'festa' (fiesta).   For the old, a time to watch and remember.  

The weather over the last several days has been perfect.  Cool nights and mild days (sorry Texas).   I ache to open my windows at night - which is quite a change from Curral de Dentro where I was so very cold - but the mosquitoes will not allow it.  It is my sweet Norte Amercano blood, I suppose.  Either way, I represent to these pesky things a new opportunity, and they seem to glory in it, so.... I keep my windows closed at night.  Daytime? All is fine.   

Today is the last day for our Vacation Bible School here and this afternoon we will travel to the surrounding villages for the last time.  Tonight, we will hold our final public service in Mato Verde, where we saw God move in a marvelous way last evening.  many decisions were made for Christ and the service, itself, was a bit of heaven on earth.  Tomorrow we dedicate the new sanctuary of the Baptist Church here with a formal worship service, then, in the afternoon we will travel to a nearby village for a service and meal with another church.  We are all tired, but in a good way.  

If you are reading this and from the Parkwayhills church family, remember to pray - not only for us - but for our youth, their sponsors, and Jason and Ashley as they travel to Florida for camp.  I fully expect God to speak to these young people while away - and can't wait to hear what He will do in this exciting and excellent venue.    

I am - and will continue - praying for all of you back home.  You remain in my thoughts - and I love you and miss you greatly.  

Deus te Abencoe

Pastor Sam


No comments: