Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Brasil 2017 - Day Four, 07.18.2017

The last days have found me quite busy here in Montes Claros, yet not so much to keep me from enjoying the beautiful weather. Today I spent time walking through the Central Market, and, as always, enjoyed the diversity of people I passed along the way. Brazilians love being outside and there is never a 'spot' without the sounds of music, an open cafe, and people enjoying their mild winter season.

For the next 2 weeks Jairo and the P70 leadership are between mission trips, so this means we are able - and will - spend our days visiting the various outposts of churches and missions within a 200 kilometer radius of our base at Montes Claros. In point, tonight we visited the city of Francisco Dumont, a place I first encountered years ago when on mission trip with ParkwayHills. Now it is a flourishing new church with its own building. This church is a product of our work and support, and it is so good to see what God has done through the faithfulness of these people and the support we were able to provide.

Tomorrow I will travel again - staying out for four nights - in order to visit several municipalities further to the south.  This will give me opportunity to visit many other new churches and their support networks. At each of these cities I will meet with pastors, and in many instances hold services. In all cases I will be able to bring them good fellowship and encouragement as we pray, and I assure them of our support and love for them back in the US.

So please continue to pray for these outings, as well as these churches and pastors I will be able to see. Also, pray for my Portuguese, which is coming along well as I am now, more often than not, forcing myself into conversation without depending on the aid of a translator. (Yikes!)

Deus Abençoe,

Pastor Sam

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you all for your partnership in the gospel"
Phil 1:3







No comments: