Friday, May 29, 2009

29 May 2009

ON THIS DAY 
Yes its true, I am 59 today... and, I am holding:) After all, I never knew I would be this young when I got this old. And though no one day makes me feel less or more about me, still, when folks remember you so kindly, as many of you have this day, it warms the heart. So that when Mom called! This lady from whose flesh I came and by whose hands I learned loves touch, to say, "Happy Birthday, Son", I cried. And why? Well, does she not know me more than all? Oh God! Are YOU not MORE of this very same? How could a man turn from his mother? And how dare turn I from you? John. 3:16

ON THIS SUNDAY 
This Sunday our church will take a giant and historic step forward in preparing for its next years. Our early days are over. Temporary buildings have outlasted their usefulness. And the ministry of this wonderful church to this community now impacts people 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We realize that in these economic times what we might want must play second to what we must do. For this reason I am excited about the proposal by our Building Committee and agreed upon by our Board of Trustees. So that Phase IV of our facilities will be accomplished in 3 steps, which will provide us needed space for education and ministry and improve and enhance the worship center we called 'temporary' 13 years ago.  (Don't you know God has a sense of humor)

If you are a church member of ParkwayHills, Plano, and have not pledged to our 'Opening Doors' campaign, please consider doing so. We will invite you all, through sacrificial giving large and small, to help us realize our goals of completing the planned Phase IV steps. We are committed to not increasing our debt, and grateful that the debt we do have is decreasing each year, placing less and less strain on our operational budget to percentages far less than most. 

Till Sunday, or next time, then...

Pastor Sam

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday! My heart leapt as I read your sentiment regarding a mother and am hopeful that my 2 sons feel the same as the years go by. :-)

Pastor Sam said...

Indeed. I am sure they will, Erin.

Pastor Sam said...

Thanks, Erin. Indeed they will.