Tuesday, May 26, 2009

26 May, 2009

I remember the day quite well. It seemed the entire church of Northway Baptist, Dallas, had joined us for the event. There I was walking back and forth between the Presby Dallas delivery area and waiting room, giving up to the minute reports to those who'd arrived. Then, at around 2:00 p.m., I went back one last time, now scrubbed and ready, and there found my bride, saying, "this is it"   She asked me, "what's going on out there?"  And I smiled to say,"there's a party going on." And so began what since has never changed - the 26th of May 1985, @ 2:38 p.m. - the birth of our daughter, Taylor, and the start of our party, FOREVER!

I would not question whether parents love their children less or more than we, but would add that much of what God has taught us since that day has been strategically accomplished through real-life application with both our children. They are a constant source of His challenge, blessing, responsibility and hope.  They remind us everyday of God - both the love side with its exhilaration, and the faith side with its, at times, anxiety and fear - and they speak to us, still, of how love does not possess but gives.  

It has been said that the rightful start for the 'disciple-er' of faith is his/her home.  I agree. Even when such appears frighteningly suspect. For, if not there, then where? And if there, then everywhere!   

Pastor Sam

No comments: