Monday, October 3, 2016

There's STILL time to register - and VOTE

I cannot recall a time of ever hearing so many people complain, 'pastor, I just cannot vote in this year's election for I'm not pleased with either candidate.' But, if I may, let me dissuade you of this. If you are registered to vote, VOTE.  And, if you are not registered, register today (for in Texas voter registration must be completed at least 30 days prior to the election, which is November 8) and do the same - VOTE.

Why? Because I believe the single greatest expression of the freedom we have in this country is the freedom to vote our convictions. Not to just have an opinion, for you can have that anywhere, but to actually exercise our opinion with a vote. And though I do sympathize with many over their distaste with much of our political rhetoric, vitriol, and circumstance during this seasons campaign, I still believe that we should never give up that which we've been given - the freedom to choose - for this, after all, is not only our privilege but our responsibility. Christian's are given the responsibility to be good citizens - and we should do so faithfully with integrity and grace. For this formulates a witness that cannot be ignored.

If you are not registered, the link below will help.

I hope to see you at the polls!

Pastor Sam

http://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/you-must-register-by/


No comments: