Friday, August 23, 2013

Santa Barbara, California

I will likely never come here again but how I will remember this view of coastline and sea. For this perch has been my place of respite these last four days. A shelter in the cliff and a place for me to sit and wonder over the majesty of God.  But a few feet away, it was reached by a stepping path from the back of our host's home.  And though here I am near the others, I feel as if I'm in another place. The shrubs and foliage shield me from view - and protect me from wind and cold.  Yet, I can peer over their tops, joyfully nestled in my perch, as a bird would from any sanctuary high in a tree. Indeed, it has been my solace - a perfect place for these days in Santa Barbara, CA.  

So that I wondered this morning of the hands of God.  When knowing my place there - I really am in 'sanctuary.' His hands form my refuge and from His hands I have my best view. Here, I am but a step away - yet safe and secure. For from His hands I see both the beauty of God and danger of sin, while knowing - all the while - the sheer joy of His perfect peace.  (Psalm 91) 

Blessings, 

Pastor Sam 
 

No comments: