Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brasil 2011, Thursday, 07.28 - Day 15 "HOME"

After each of my trips to Brasil I return home both tired and energized. Of course I am tired physically - but, always, I am oh so energized spiritually. And why not? For there are so many wonderful stories to tell of changed lives and so many services of worship to remember, in which we felt the presence of Christ in ways never to forget. In fact, I would say the word 'energized' seems, frankly, an understatement for how I feel. So that sitting in my chair at home today - with our faithful dog "Sooner" at my feet - I wonder at how far away my brothers and sisters from Brasil are now. Folks with whom - just yesterday - I cried and hugged as we said 'goodbye'. Causing me to think both then and now of heaven - and how wonderful that great reunion will be.

For yesterday, in leading both the Norte Americanos and Brasilians in a goodbye prayer and word, I reminded us all of what is yet to be - of the great banquet prepared for each of us with Jesus. I shared that my plans will be to sit as close to Christ as I can, and... "to sit with each of you close by, as well, my Brasilian brothers and sisters in Christ."

With that, I added... "Deus Abencoe" (God Bless you).

And God bless each of you too.

It's good to be home,

Pastor Sam

1 comment:

DickensMom said...

As I've prayed for your safety, I've been giving thanks as well, at the lives changed in Brasil. Glad you're home, safe and sound and that you and the team answered God's call to go! Blessings to you Sam!

Laurie D