Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Grateful" in Evergreen

A quiet morning today as our hosts, Bill and Rita Starkey, left early to make an appointment in town. As well, Trey and his friend, Hayden, are not skiing - so that B and I are left to do as we please. The result? A trip to the local bagel shoppe for bagels and coffee then back to this glorious home for a quiet morning - each with our Bibles, books, pen and pad.

The area here (Evergreen, CO) is absolutely gorgeous. On our drive this morning B and I saw a herd of Elk as we motored past a preserve and park known as "Elk Meadow." There must have been well over 200 of these amazing creatures - which was a marvelous sight to behold. Reminiscent, I thought, of the natural order and God's original design.

So today our plan is to 'lay low' and stay in the area. A hike, I am sure, as well as a local drive dotted with shopping. But, whatever the day might hold, it will be wonderful. Nothing short of a good and timely rest for this pastor with a full and grateful heart. And how else might it be in a setting such as this? For out every window that I peer I see nothing less than the glory of God.

Pastor Sam

No comments: