Thursday, August 6, 2009

Twitter is down!

If someone had told me that a line like this would mean ANYTHING to me 6 months ago, I would have looked blankly at them and queried, "What's twitter?" Well that day is certainly no more.  For today... twitter went down - and I, along with millions of others, was told by text to 'chillax,' in cool twitter-ese, meaning simply I could not tweet.  

So...

I went to FACEBOOK - to post my thoughts the old fashioned way - you know, the way I did in the ancient times (all of 7 weeks ago) before 'tweetdeck,' or through my iphone, but with my laptop instead, logged onto my, aarrrggghhh, FACEBOOK page. But it was, relatedly, so very SLOWWWWWWW.

But, then...

Worried I'd not catch ALL my audience with my 'earth shaking' views, I logged on next to BLOGGER.COM, to access my blog account.  'But, oh,' I'd forgotten, 'my blog account is  now married to one of my google accounts and requires I log in with a goggle ID'.  But which google account is it? Like you, I have multiple - from days of seeking that perfect ID - you know, that would distinguish me from all others.   

But... twitter... remained down.  

So I grabbed my pen - that's right, my pen - and returned to an old friend, my journal, to write there.  And yes, you guessed it - once begun, it all came back so that I flew.  I whizzed passed 140 characters like a missile, without one CAPITALIZED WORD or smiley face in view.  I used sentences - complete sentences - with structure, syntax, metaphor and, oh yes, a signature, too.  A signature that said - 'this is from me to no one - no one but the me called you'.  For today twitter went down!  And I, alas, did too.  

But... I wonder? 

No comments: